This November, Elect Linda Deos for
Yolo County Supervisor
The global pandemic has brought many of us together, but it has also exposed massive failures that have unnecessarily worsened the crisis in our country and put many more lives at risk.
This failure isn't simply the fault of one person, but the corrosive results of decades of hostility to the very nature of government itself.
It will be a long-time, and I hope forever, before we return to a business as usual that has, for decades, systematically undervalued the work of a wide-swath of society that this crisis has revealed to be our true, essential workforce.
Coupled with the recent protests against police brutality, I believe today is the perfect day for us to fundamentally Redefine Public Safety and re-orient the County budget away from a punitive system focused on mass incarceration, and towards a community-oriented approach that invests in the health and safety of our residents with a focus on providing the social services our residents need and deserve.
I appreciate the opportunity Yolo County voters have given me to continue in this race, and I hope I can earn your vote.
I want to hear from you. If you have any questions, feel free to email me personally at Linda@LindaDeos.com.
I would be honored to have your vote.
As your supervisor, I will take the lead to:
- Fight for more affordable housing in our cities, including housing for seniors, families and young people that includes more multi-unit and cooperative housing options;
- Ensure that we make available more childcare options for families at all income levels, and expand affordable childcare and preschool;
- Create a local green new deal that fully leverages the expertise in our community;
- Protect our natural resources, prepare for extreme weather and put Yolo county on the path towards 100% sustainability;
- Properly fund approaches to crime that don’t involve incarceration, including providing housing, education and job training services - evidence-based approaches that reduce recidivism rates and thus keep everyone safer; and
- Create a Rural Innovation Hub in Yolo that can become the leading research park in the world for building a sustainable planet.
Linda Deos in the News
Linda Deos takes on Provenza in county supervisor race
Local attorney and activist Linda Deos has her sights set on a seat on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. ...
Marty West Letter: Support Linda Deos
I am delighted to endorse Linda Deos for the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. It is time to change representatives. ...
Julie Gallelo Letter: Support Linda Deos
Ringing in the New Year brings with it new opportunities and new perspectives. My hope for 2020 is a new approach on the Yolo County Board of Supervis ...