Linda is proud to be endorsed by Indivisible Yolo!
We are in the midst of one of the worst crises in our nation’s history. The absolute failure of our national response has cost tens of thousands of lives while leading to the worst recession in history.
The County’s job is to ensure the health and safety of our residents, but too often we are coming up short.
During our most recent fires, the Yolo County Alert System experienced a catastrophic 100% failure rate in alerting residents to the danger. Meanwhile, the persistent and systemic racism of our criminal justice system has led to a prison population that is 25% black, in a county that is only 3% black.
For too many years, under the leadership of an entirely male Board of Supervisors, we have poured money into our Sheriff and District Attorney, while defunding the social safety net.
Today is a new day. The old system has clearly failed this urgent moment. We can do better, and that is why I want to be your Supervisor.
As a consumer protection attorney, bankruptcy specialist, and community volunteer, I have dedicated my life to protecting people from the most powerful. I have won court cases against the Big Banks over mortgage fraud, stood with local protestors to stop the Yolo County Board of Supervisors from purchasing expensive, military grade equipment, fought for LGBTQ rights, marched on behalf of racial justice, and worked to feed the hungry in Yolo County.
This past June, through my service on the Cannabis Tax Citizen’s Oversight Committee, I led the fight to maintain funding for after-school and childcare programs instead of doubling the law enforcement budget as initially proposed.
I would be honored to have your vote.
As your supervisor, I will take the lead to:
- Fight for more affordable housing in our cities, including housing for seniors, families and young people that includes more multi-unit and cooperative housing options;
- Ensure that we make available more childcare options for families at all income levels, and expand affordable childcare and preschool;
- Create a local green new deal that fully leverages the expertise in our community;
- Protect our natural resources, prepare for extreme weather and put Yolo county on the path towards 100% sustainability;
- Properly fund approaches to crime that don’t involve incarceration, including providing housing, education and job training services - evidence-based approaches that reduce recidivism rates and thus keep everyone safer; and
- Create a Rural Innovation Hub in Yolo that can become the leading research park in the world for building a sustainable planet.
Linda Deos in the News
Listen to Linda
I recently met Linda Deos at a small gathering and was very impressed. ...
Linda Deos Guest Commentary
Redefining Public Safety ...
Linda Deos takes on Provenza in county supervisor race
Local attorney and activist Linda Deos has her sights set on a seat on the Yolo County Board of Supervisors. ...